Norway has been a seafaring nation since the pre-Viking age. Our Norwegian origins testify to a long tradition of maritime knowledge. For more than 100 years, the demanding conditions of the North Sea have shaped ULSTEIN’s quality and safety standards and created a strong foundation for meeting future challenges.
Our slogan is 'Turning visions into reality'. More than a slogan, it illustrates the very nerve of our company. Through our efforts in quality, health and safety and the natural environment, we will continue to create tomorrow's solutions for sustainable marine operations.
The acronym QHSE stands for Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment. Our QHSE policy is communicated to all employees and visitors. The policy is regularly reviewed and updated to ensure it remains relevant and effective in achieving our QHSE goals.
Our QHSE policy includes the following elements:
The policy outlines our commitment to producing high-quality products and services that meet or exceed customer expectations. It includes procedures for monitoring and improving quality, as well as a system for identifying and correcting quality issues. In order to simplify and improve work processes and collaboration between the ULSTEIN companies, it is crucial that we document and streamline the business and work processes from idea to product. Our policy will ensure that we:
- - Achieve sustainable growth and long-term competitiveness by providing costeffective, safe and reliable products and services to our costumers
- - Achieve and retain a high standard of quality that highlights the reputation of the company and loyalty of its client base
- - Maintain an efficient and effective system of quality monitoring that complies with ISO 9001:2015
The policy outlines our commitment to protecting the safety, health and well-being of our employees and visitors. We will provide a safe working environment and have procedures for identifying and mitigating workplace hazards and provide training in the use of protective equipment. We conduct safety inspections and implement emergency response plans.
Ulstein Verft is aiming to become certified in accordance with the Environment standard, ISO 14001, before end 2023.
- Ulstein Group’s employees are our most important resource and together we shall develop a sense of well-being and a good working environment.
- Employees and management shall continuously work to prevent injuries, accidents and strains.
- Ulstein Group will strive for all its activities and products to have the least possible negative affect on the environment.
Our vision is to create tomorrow’s solutions for sustainable marine operations. We care for the natural environment and the society we are a part of, and sustainable growth is at the core of what we do. We have been around for 100 years, and we aim to keep going for generations to come.